On 20th May 2017, new TPD (Tobacco Products Directive) regulations will come into force in the UK and Europe. A set of new rules will apply concerning the sales of nicotine containing electronic cigarettes. This is in order to regulate the quality and safety of products and e-liquids; as well as provide information to customers, so that they can make informed choices on the products they buy.
In a nutshell, these changes mean;
- products will have clearer and more detailed labelling.
- products will be regulated by the MHRA (medicines and healthcare products regulatory agency) using the new TPD guidelines (all products must pass this).
- liquids will only contain a maximum nicotine concentration of 20mg.
- liquids will be sold in bottles where the size is to be 10ml maximum.
- tanks will have a maximum capacity of 2ml.
Liquid Lounge is currently preparing for compliance with these new laws. We will be selling all products usual up until end of day on the 19th May 2017 and then compliance will start 20th May 2017.
It is advised that customers stock up on their favourite juices early before the deadline as it is expected that there will be shortages due to customers stock piling before the start of TPD compliance.
More information can be found on the government website at: